DEALS & OFFERS
View our exclusive deals & offers to make your trip more pocket-friendly!
Mou Waho Island Tour
Explore Mou Waho, Lake Wanaka’s most remote and beautiful island. With its steep rocky coastline, small secluded beaches, and a hidden glacial lake that sits atop the island, Mou Waho is a predator-free nature reserve with incredible scenery and birdlife (yes, there are wekas!) Sounds pretty amazing, doesn’t it?!
Wanaka Water Taxi will take you to Mou Waho to explore this unique piece of New Zealand for yourself. Our tours are affordable and excellent value at only $125 per adult and during the Spring School Holidays KIDS GO FREE!*
Your friendly and knowledgeable skipper will inform you of the fascinating geology of the surrounding alps and glaciers that created the lake, as you travel along its sparkling waters.
There is an activity sheet for the kids to find all the creatures on the island (this will keep them going up the hill) and a sticker sheet to take home!
Don’t leave Wanaka without seeing the island on the lake on the island on the lake on the island on the sea!
- Choose the 1 adult and 1 kid option when booking online.
- Water Taxi departs daily (subject to bookings), from Lake Wanaka Marina
- 3 hours return trip (approx. 1.5+ hours on the island)
- Full commentary boat tour
- 20 minute walk up to the glacial lake
- Incredible views and scenery
- T&C’s: Minimum 4 adults for the trip to go ahead. 1 kid per adult free.
Bike & Boat Packages
Getting the kids (and adults!) out the house and in the fresh air is always a priority. If you’ve got a keen mountain biker or two and you’ve done Dean’s Bank through and through, we’ve got a great option to mix things up! Grab your bike and hitch a ride across Lake Wanaka with Wanaka Water Taxi; we’ve got 3 great drop-off points to accommodate all experience levels. The kids will love the novelty of a boat ride and bike ride all in one day!
Drop off at Minaret Burn/Rumbling Burn; a fun, challenging bike ride with fantastic views. Link up with Millennium Trackback to Wanaka for a full day’s ride.
- $40pp, departs twice daily (10am & 2pm)
Drop off at Glendhu Bay – bike lakeside along the Millennium Trackback to Wanaka. Tag on a trip to Bike Glendhu to make a day of it!
- $25pp or $60 per family (2 adults/2 children)
- Departure times on demand
Drop off at the Outlet Track – an awesome option for young ones to ride back to Wanaka, a great sense of accomplishment!
- $20pp or $50 per family (2 adults/2 children)
- Departure times on demand
Departure times on demand, call 0800 273 687 to enquire for times.
Ruby Island Family Adventure
Hee-haw! Nope, it’s not the Wonky Donky…meet Hetty & Denny, a cheeky donkey & horse who are off on a Ruby Island Adventure! This summer, your family can join in, with our ‘Ruby Island Family Adventure’ package.
Many children have turned up with this iconic book, excited to re-enact their favorite horse & donkey’s adventure. Our ‘Ruby Island Family Adventure’ package takes your family on a child-friendly, fun cruise to Ruby Island where you can enjoy a picnic and a relaxing stroll around the island.
Your family will receive a copy of ‘Hetty & Denny’s Ruby Island Adventure’ book and a stuffed donkey toy to make it extra special. Once you’re all adventured-out, we’ll pop back and pick you up when you’re ready.
Package cost is $125 per family (private charter, up to 7 people).
- $125 per family (private trip, up to 7 people).
- Each family receives a copy of the book and a stuffed donkey toy.
- Spend as much time on the island as you like.
- Leaves from Wanaka Marina, 10-minute trip each way.
- Departure times on demand, call 0800 273 687 to enquire for times.